SQLite Forum

Change from SQL Server CE to SQLite. Something similar to SQLCEResultSet and SQLCEUpdatableRecord.
Login

Change from SQL Server CE to SQLite. Something similar to SQLCEResultSet and SQLCEUpdatableRecord.

(1) By anonymous on 2020-12-15 11:31:37 [link] [source]

I am currently trying to switch a database from SQL Server CE to SQLite. My predecessor has objects there from SQLCEResultSet and SqlCeUpdatableRecord. Now the question, how can I replace that in SQLite? Is there something similar in SQLite?

Best regards

(2) By Holger J (holgerj) on 2020-12-15 15:06:21 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

We don't even know what kind of client or programming language you are using. All these things depend on this and on the driver involved.

Plus, it's quite unlikely that there are many people with knowledge about your previous development environment.

If you supply more information, we might be able to help.

(3) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2020-12-17 12:53:35 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

No. SQLite is not a client/server database and therefore does not have the server-side or client-side need to implement such code, which is merely an appearance contrived and used by client/server databases to eliminate some of the inherent inefficiencies of that design model.

You could write code to "emulate" such contrivances should you desire to do so.

(4) By anonymous on 2020-12-17 13:46:21 in reply to 1 [source]

Just considering SQLCEResultSet; to get SQLCEResultSet, you will have executed ExecuteResultSet from your SQLCEComand object.

If you are using the SQLite library directly

I believe that this is the sqlite3_prepare_v2 ... sqlite3_step ... sqlite3_finalize loop (one iteration per SQL statement).

You would get column names and column values after executing sqlite3_step.

If you are using System.Data.SQLite

ExecuteResultSet is ExecuteReader

SQLCEResltSet is the reader object returned by ExecuteReader