SQLite Forum

SQLite encryption with SEE - Dynamic linking
Login
Hi,
we're using SQLite as DBMS in my current project. We now want to add database encryption. I'd prefer to use SEE as it comes from the makers of SQLite and I feel we should give back something ($2K) to support that great piece of code. However, when reading the license terms on
https://sqlite.org/purchase/see, it states right in the first line that only static linking be permitted. Due to certain design decisions in our project 
 we need to encapsulate SQLite/SEE within a DLL to be shipped with our application. I guess the reason for excluding dynamic linking from the license was to prevent others from using SEE with their own applications once they would get their hands on a SEE-DLL. But IMO this is meanwhile already be prevented by passing the application specific activation phrase to sqlite3_activate_see() from the calling application to that SEE DLL, which is mandatory to use encryption. Please tell me if we are allowed to use SEE in the way describe above or if we are required to use another tool for encryption.