SQLite Forum

Assistance with using SQLite in PAMGuard
Login
Hi Barry, thank you for taking the time to respond my post. 

Yes, to my understanding an “SQLite database module” is the same as an “SQLite database”, a ‘module’ is the terminology used in the PAMGuard user manual to describe an element added to the PAMGuard interface. 

Yes, by “database” I am referring to a database intended to be accessed within PAMGuard. I added the database by following the instructions described in the PAMGuard help manual which directed that I designate SQLite as the chosen database system in the database selection menu. I then created an SQLite database file (.sqlite3). I need the database to store count data generated by PAMGuard when it analyses .wav audio files. 

Yes, the expected tables are present, but they do not display the count data expected. I apologise for my lack of convention terminology; I am still attempting to learn the appropriate terminology as I familiarise myself with these programs for the first time. Yes, by ‘field’ I am referring to tuples in the table rows. 

The detector module in PAMGuard is counting the number of whistles present in an audio file, and I am attempting to have the sum of that count data displayed in the SQLite database file. When the whistle is present in the audio file, I can visually see PAMGuard is detecting it with the real-time spectrogram, but that count data is not shown anywhere in the SQLite database file.

I believe your first assumption is correct, the effect of the PAMGuard run on the database is not as expected; the tables are generated but the count data is absent.  

I’m confident “the output” is not an empty set as I can visually see that PAMGuard is detecting the whistles in the audio file correctly, and therefore I believe count data should be displayed in the SQLite database file.

Another piece of information that may help is that when I open the SQLite database file in SQLite Studio is receive the following error messages:

Could not restore window 'Whistle_and_Moan_Detector (TowST)', because database TowST could not be resolved.
Could not restore window 'Whistle_and_Moan_Detector_Localised_Contours (TowST)', because database TowST could not be resolved.
Could not restore window 'PamguardModules (TowST)', because database TowST could not be resolved.
Could not restore window 'Sound_Acquisition (TowST)', because database TowST could not be resolved.

Does this shed any light on what my issue could be? That is, that the count data from the PAMGuard processing is absent from the SQLite database file despite visual confirmation that there should be count data present? 

Thank you again for your time.