SQLite Forum

Serious Sqlite command line Problems after Windows 10 update
Login
Thank you for replying to my post/

My Laptop is Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.1198]
and the Laptop is a DELL Inspiron  15 3000  with 256GB SSD
SQLite version 3.33.0 2020-08-14 13:23:32
The  windows update  was as follows:-

November 10, 2020—KB4586786 (OS Builds 18362.1198 and 18363.1198)

Installed on the 13/10/20  and immediately after the install sqlite commands that worked before the update did not
The details /
The Sqlite command prompt  failed at first using a windows input redirect.

Sqlite3 Input.db <android.sql

Instead of carrying out the commands and exiting it just displayed the sqlite command prompt. And if you came out of the prompt and just typed
SQLITE3
and then typed any valid command such as .HELp it said it was invalid and did not carry out the command.

I must admit I was baffled by the fault on our Users Laptop, and our user was advised my Microsoft Support to download the latest version of Windows and that should cure the problem - he did but it did not. 

And as we have a lot of users who make use of SQLITE and in fact depend on it I began to panic and not think too clearly!! Our BT technical support person was just as baffled as we were and advised to take a look at Sqlite support forums - which I did. But unfortunately there seems to be no explanation for it other than the WINDOWS 10 update caused the problem but after downloading the latest version of windows  on the advice of Microsoft the problem remained. So, on at least 2 computersthe same fault fault has taken place immediately after the windows update