SQLite Forum

Gimme my options! a feature to be
Login
If I gave in to my argumentative bent, or if there could only be one way allowed, I would argue for the flexibility of being able to specify the options file. I think it would useful for experimentation, or supporting multiple build flavors. But it's not a really compelling argument because the "standard" custom header (?) can always be made to do further macro magic.

I'm thinking there might be two choices:<code>
   \<compile\> -DSQLITE_USE_CUSTOM_H ...
</code>or<code>
   \<compile\> -DSQLITE_CUSTOM_INC=my_custom.h ...
</code>.

I have tried, without success, to get the same macro name to act the first way when given no value and act the second way to use the value when given one. Sadly, I am not enough of a preprocessor virtuoso to know either how to do that or that it cannot be done. (I would welcome illumination on those two possibilities.)

Richard likes the more flexible way, as do I, so that at least will come to be. I can throw in the "standard custom.h"<sup><b>1</b></sup> way, subject to culling as a step too far. (It's just 3 more lines, without complex interaction.)

----
<b>1.</b> Not to be confused with the "standard customization" or "customized standard".