SQLite Forum

FTS5 rows not searchable with match
Login
> … FTS5 passes all such queries directly through to the underlying view or table. It only uses the FTS index - the thing that is not being updated - when you do a full-text query. Hence you can see the rows for non full-text queries, but not for those that use MATCH (or the other, equivalent, table-value function syntax).

I get it now. It took a little while but now, everything, at least related to my struggles, is clear.

> If you're going to have to do separate update/delete/insert statements on the view, why not drop the triggers and run the required update/delete/insert statements on the fts5 table directly?

Indeed. After thinking about it, somehow I was still stuck on the idea of triggers, but after accepting the idea of running the needed statements myself, it took more time to overcome my mis-understanding of view triggers still, and somehow thinking triggers were integral to FTS, than to come up with a rough coded outline of what to do.

I had to reorganize a bit of code, to calculate an old FTS row, make needed table changes, calculate new, compare and update if needed, to do such in a transaction in one place to make it easier to track, such merely took the afternoon to figure out all the needed pieces and getting working. I'm sure it now works. Not bad at all, I was just missing pieces and had mis-understandings that prevented me from figuring it out all this time.

Thank you very much Dan.