SQLite Forum

How do I sort my Safari History.db History by DATE?
Login

How do I sort my Safari History.db History by DATE?

(1) By DallasGrl (dallasgrl) on 2021-08-19 20:56:03 [link]

Hello - 

I am viewing my Safari History in SQLLite. 

I am looking at both the History_visits detail and the History_items detail. Is there a way to sort or search by DATE only?  

I am not very technical so lay-mans terms instructions would be really appreciated!

Thank you SOOO MUCH!
-Kim

(2) By Ryan Smith (cuz) on 2021-08-20 01:45:37 in reply to 1 [link]

I feel like this thread already has too many "lay-mans" terms in it, so I'm going to step it up a few notches and go straight for clever-people terms and say:

*YES*, there is a way to sort or search by date.

And... for bonus points, If you tell us what those little field names are in the table you are trying to sort and/or search, we might even be nice enough to offer a "how-to" for doing it.

(3) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-08-20 02:02:18 in reply to 1

Adding to Ryan's helpful response: Once you have the database open in the SQLite \[sic\] shell, enter the command ".schema" (sans quotation marks) to see what the columns are named. Then, after perusing the [SELECT syntax](https://sqlite.org/lang_select.html), and the ORDER BY clause in particular, you will be close to getting an answer to the question you meant to ask.

(4) By anonymous on 2021-08-20 03:52:33 in reply to 1 [link]

The Google search query "**safari history.db visit_time**" returns several useful examples.