SQLite Forum

3.25 math functions vs. extension-functions.c
Login
Starting with 3.25.0 I get the errors shown below when compiling SQLite with the extension-functions.c added.

It seems to be a rather trivial problem that some of the functions provided by extension-functions.c are now in the core distribution (in particular: sign). I just manually removed parts referring to "signFunc" from extension-functions.c. That get is compiling. I didn't check yet if other functions provided by extension-functions.c are now also available in the core distributation.

My main question is: What is the proper way to cope with issues in "Contributed Files"?

ps.: This problem happens when building the [JDBC driver](https://github.com/xerial/sqlite-jdbc) for 3.35.x .

# Errors

<pre>
target/sqlite-3.35.0-Mac-x86_64/sqlite3.c:234703:13: error: redefinition of 'signFunc'
static void signFunc(sqlite3_context *context, int argc, sqlite3_value **argv){
            ^
target/sqlite-3.35.0-Mac-x86_64/sqlite3.c:120439:13: note: previous definition is here
static void signFunc(
            ^
target/sqlite-3.35.0-Mac-x86_64/sqlite3.c:235909:20: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to an incomplete type 'const struct FuncDef []'
  for(i=0; i<sizeof(aFuncs)/sizeof(aFuncs[0]); i++){
                   ^~~~~~~~
2 errors generated.

</pre>