*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.36.0 On 2021-06-18
- Improvement to the EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN output to make it easier to
- Byte-order marks at the start of a token are skipped as if they
- An error is raised on any attempt to access the rowid of a VIEW or subquery.
Formerly, the rowid of a VIEW would be indeterminate and often would be NULL.
The -DSQLITE_ALLOW_ROWID_IN_VIEW compile-time option is available to restore
the legacy behavior for applications that need it.
- The sqlite3_deserialize() and sqlite3_serialize() interfaces are now
enabled by default. The -DSQLITE_ENABLE_DESERIALIZE compile-time option is
no longer required. Instead, there is is a new -DSQLITE_OMIT_DESERIALIZE
compile-time option to omit those interfaces.
- The "memdb" VFS now allows the same in-memory database to be shared among
multiple database connections in the same process as long as the
database name begins with "/".
- Back out the EXISTS-to-IN optimization (item 8b in the
SQLite 3.35.0 change log)
as it was found to slow down queries more often than speed them up.
- Improve the constant-propagation optimization so that it works on
- The REGEXP extension is
now included in CLI builds.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: 2021-06-18 18:36:39 5c9a6c06871cb9fe42814af9c039eb6da5427a6ec28f187af7ebfb62eafa66e5
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: 2a8e87aaa414ac2d45ace8eb74e710935423607a8de0fafcb36bbde5b952d157
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.
*** DRAFT ***