*** DRAFT ***
SQLite Release 3.18.0 On 2017-03-30
- Added the PRAGMA optimize command
- The SQLite version identifier returned by the sqlite_source_id() SQL function
and the sqlite3_sourceid() C API and found in the SQLITE_SOURCE_ID macro is
now a 64-digit SHA3-256 hash instead of a 40-digit SHA1 hash.
- Added the json_patch() SQL function to the JSON1 extension.
- Enhance the LIKE optimization so that it works for arbitrary expressions on
the left-hand side as long as the LIKE pattern on the right-hand side does not
begin with a digit or minus sign.
- Added the sqlite3_set_last_insert_rowid() interface and use the new interface in
the FTS3, FTS4, and FTS5 extensions to ensure that the sqlite3_last_insert_rowid()
interface always returns reasonable values.
- Enhance PRAGMA integrity_check and PRAGMA quick_check so that they verify
- Enhance the query plans for joins to detect empty tables early and
halt without doing unnecessary work.
- Enhance the sqlite3_mprintf() family of interfaces and the printf SQL function
to put comma separators at the thousands marks for integers, if the "," format modifier
is used in between the "%" and the "d" (example: "%,d").
- Added the -DSQLITE_MAX_MEMORY=N compile-time option.
- Added the .sha3sum dot-command and the .selftest dot-command
to the command-line shell
- Begin enforcing SQLITE_LIMIT_VDBE_OP. This can be used, for example, to prevent
excessively large prepared statements in systems that accept SQL queries from
- Various performance improvements.
- Ensure that indexed expressions with collating sequences are handled correctly.
Fix for ticket eb703ba7b50c1a5.
- Fix a bug in the 'start of ...' modifiers for the date and time functions.
- Fix a potential segfault in complex recursive triggers, resulting from a
bug in the OP_Once opcode introduced as part of a performance optimization in
- In the RBU extension, add extra sync operations to avoid the possibility of
corruption following a power failure.
- The sqlite3_trace_v2() output for nested SQL statements should always begin
with a "--" comment marker.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2017-03-28 18:48:43 424a0d380332858ee55bdebc4af3789f74e70a2b3ba1cf29d84b9b4bcf3e2e37"
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: cbf322df1f76be57fb3be84f3da1fc71d1d3dfdb7e7c2757fb0ff630b3bc2e5d
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.